On Tuesday September 24th Border Land Teachers’ Association Executive and Council met for the first time for the 2019-2020 year.
Information for sharing with your schools:
- Presidential Release time is 50%. Mary Chalmers is President and her time is in the pm. She teaches at Shevchenko School and can be contacted there or by cell phone at 1(204)371-0721 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rob Stradeski has agreed to be appointed Treasurer for the 2019-2020 year.
- Group Benefits noted that Human Resources had sent BLTA members an updated Benefits newsletter. Just a reminder that last year our Dental Plan had a surplus and we used the surplus to bring down our costs. We will investigate what are the other possibilities this year, should there continue to be a surplus.
- Collective Bargaining is waiting for further information regarding any possibility of bargaining with the BLSD.
- Just a reminder that this MTS’s 100th Anniversary and we are trying to put together a scrapbook from Border Land Teachers’ Association. If you have anything to submit please send to Mary Chalmers, President.
- Orange Shirt Day is on Monday September 30th.
- World Teacher Day is Saturday October 5th.
- Our next Council Meeting with Wednesday November 20th, 2019.
- Association Committees are always looking for people join and make.